Monday, May 25, 2009

Ferry People

This set of sketches was actually on the ferry on the way to Friday Harbor. The little girl with the pigtails on the top of the page was probably one of the cutest kids I've seen (Misha will tell you as well). No she doesn't have more than 5 fingers on one hand...I sketched rather quickly so her mother, who was carrying her as they walked by, didn't think I was some weirdo staring at her daughter. The weird-eyed guy in the middle was interesting. His eyes were REALLY dark. Not 'lack of sleep' dark, but just dark. There was a field trip during the ferry ride as well, so a lot of school age children were running around with their adult supervisors. One kid was particularly surprised and excited that there was an elevator on the ferry and demanded to ride it several times...we sat very close to that elevator unfortunately. Along the subject of the field trip kids, I drew one of the counselors as she was walking up beside us and telling one of the other counselors (rather gleefully, I might add) "I lost my kids. Tee hee." If I had this woman's responsibilities and my kids went missing in a very public place...I'd be pissing myself scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment