Monday, May 25, 2009

Penguins vs Polar Bear Cubs

I had thought of a fun concept for an illustration. I was thinking of RISD friends and remembered Sarah Cave (Film and Animation) who helped me out with my own senior project (I'm eternally thankful) and remembered she had this love of everything penguin. which got me drawing penguins...which in turn, got me drawing penguins having a snowball fight...which got me drawing penguins and polar bear cubs in a snowball fight. Then my brain went onto this track of "What if, I took this really cute concept of penguins and polar bear cubs in a snow ball fight, but it is an all out WWII epic battle style illustration?" One idea was the sketch on the right with 3 polar bear cubs in a snow-bunker holding down the lines while penguins march towards them in large numbers as one cub is desperately calling in for air support. My brain is weird sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment