Monday, May 25, 2009

Figure Drawing #1 - Week 1

I finally got off my lazy butt and used my big ol' external hard drive to get all of my stuff from my old G5 (6 years old, btw) and put everything onto my new Mac Pro (Love this thing!!!!). Which means all of my old fgure drawings will be creeping up on the blog now.

This one is one of my favorites. I use to go to a figure drawing session with a bunch of other artists in downtown Seattle and we sit and draw a model for a good 3 hours. I could never make it the entire 3 hours, my hand starts to cramp up after the first or second long pose (20 minutes). But I really only go for the short poses (15seconds to 1 minute). This is a long pose, about 20 minutes. White Charcoal pencil on Blue paper. I like to draw in white charcoal because it makes my brain think differently with light and shadow. This way, instead of drawing the shadows, I'm focused on the light. "Sitting Girl in Blue 3" white charcoal, 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment