Saturday, June 6, 2009

Three Delivery


This is an animation I did for Fatkat Studios back in 2007 as part of a required animation evaulation, to test how good I was and to put me into an appropriate roll on the show "Three Delivery" which was a very action orientated Flash based show. I saw some of the other evaluations and some were much better than this, but I still got in as a rough animator. For those not in the "biz", it means I'm the first line of defense of interpretting the storyboards before the clean-up crew. Basically I animated scenes in a rough fashion, and then another crew of animators came in and cleaned up the action and then colored it. For a visual example...if any of you have been to Disneyland and gone on the studio tour where you see the monkeys in the glass cages animating for your amusement...i'd be the guy flipping the pages back and forth, then drawing a line in non-photo blue pencil and repeating that process over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment