Thursday, June 25, 2009

Piano cat plays you off


Based on the Youtube sensation, "Charles Schmidt's 'Cool Cat'", this piece is inspired somewhat by that, and the spawns of multiple youtube videos of that particular video mashed together with others as if the cat is playing them off because they are just just terrible. The REAL reason I created this was based on a unofficial contest by Attack of the Show's G4 host, Kevin Pereira, where he made the challenge for artistic types to submit a piece based on this particular video. I haven't decided to actually submit it or not.

I tried to give this more of a Roy Lichtenstein feel to it. Playing with dots to color and trying to give it a hard black shadow and inking style to make it more of a comic frame.

"Piano Cat Plays You Off" Flash, Contest Submission 6/25/09

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Too bad I can't geek out about it completely because I don't have cable!

    ReplyDelete