Friday, November 27, 2009

Fishy Dreamin'

My cat gets really anxious and irritated if he's not in the same room as us. Its like he doesn't want to be alone. So late at night when I'm working, he sleeps in the office chair next to me and every now and then he'll start chattering (you cat owners probably know what I'm talking about, the clicking noise when cats get excited and want to chase something) and lets out random tiny "Maow"s. Then much like a dreaming dog, he'll start twitching and moving his legs as if he's chasing something in his dreams. I bet Tuck dreams of swimming after fish. But he wouldn't know what fish actually look like since his only interaction with that smell is the pink mush in his food bowl 4x a day which he goes BONKERS for.

Side-note: Misha took him to the vet for his annual check up, he is healthy, except he is slightly over-weight. I think its the excess fur that is weighing him down. But for a big ol' 3 year old Maine Coon...he's at a rather small 15 lbs. Adult Maine Coons can grow up to 18lbs, so technically, he's just under-weight...well...according to my research on Maine Coons. But its hard to tell a Veterinarian that they are wrong when all you have in your corner of information is Wikipedia and various cat related websites.

1 comment: