Friday, July 31, 2009

Supernormal


Something a little different. This is a set of scenes from the British show I worked on before Wordgirl, "Supernormal" which was about a boy with no superpowers going to a superhero high school. Think the plot to Disney's "Sky High" but made into a cartoon show. The show is set around 4 friends, Eric (the normal kid who wears his underwear on the outside of his pants), Changerella (A bubbly girl who could change into anything, from a rodent to a submarine), Brass-Butt (in this scene - he is the idiot of the group who has an impenetrable butt - probably best used for prison) and Buzzgirl ( a half girl, half bug...she has 4 arms and bug wings with a long tongue). The show was shown only in the UK and was animated by a company in Canada called "Fatkat Studios" of whom I worked for via Seattle, WA, USA.

In this scene...I have no idea what's going on. I never saw the full episode. In fact, I never saw a full episode of any of the shows. Only from what I worked on. What I can tell you is that the guy with the screaming British accent and the junky robot with the goldfish in the brain jar are the evil janitors of the school. The guy is supposedly an evil genius who poses as a janitor at the school and are constantly causing problems for the 4 kids. In this scene he flashes back to when the Mayor leaves and we see what the city is like without him.

The interesting thing about the way that this studio had me work, was that each scene was determined by most of the camera changes. There are more episodes I have kept, but only a few I could really show as a great piece of work. Timing issues and just the way I animated things with tweens made the scenes not up to my usual standards.

"Supernormal Ep. 151 scenes 17-26"

No comments:

Post a Comment