Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fishy McSketcherson

I got a new toy recently that will help me draw more! I found Autodesk SketchBook Pro on Amazon.com for $90. To put in perspective on how awesome and cheap it is...It is basically Photoshop without the photo editing (which I'd hardly use anywys) simplified for drawing/painting. Adobe Photoshop is $700 for the straight up copy. If you were lucky enough to have a copy before hand, its $200 for the upgrade to CS4. Hardly a deal for just doing what I'm doing...which is just sketching and faux-painting.

Anyways...this is one of the many results of me playing with Sketchbook Pro for the past 7 hours. Its certainly a lot of fun and easy to use. It all comes very natural, especially if you already have a Wacom tablet to work with. I did a family portrait of Misha, my unborn child and myself from memory...so it might be a little inaccurate. The baby is a little more developed in the drawing than the actual baby.

Expect more sketches to come! :)

1 comment: