Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Disnarvel?

Ok...so I lied...I do have some draw in me despite being overloaded with work. Only because this issue makes me sad. Anyone who knows me well enough (and it doesn't take long to know this about me) knows that I despise Disney with a passion. So you can imagine after hearing the news that my favorite Comic company, Marvel Comics, was recently purchased by Disney for $4 Billion, how I felt. So now they own just about everything in the entertainment industry that I love. Studio Ghibli, Pixar Studios, and now Marvel. None of which they had much to do with in creating...but rather they use their girth upon this world to obtain any sort of competition. I'd better stop there before I start ranting...again.

NOTE: I should clarify, that Disney doesn't actually "own" Studio Ghibli, but they purchased the rights to distribute their films in the US....so technically they had NOTHING to do with the making of the films, but they get the right to plaster their castle logo all over Ghibli's fantastic animated masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment