Sunday, January 10, 2010

Old Man Walkin'


I finally broke down and got After Effects CS4 (AECS4). I found a copy for a couple hundred dollars less on Amazon.com. Still too expensive, but I should learn how to really utilize it since it is a good animation tool...its got some great animation enhancements including a 3D effect for 2D animation.

Anyways...I was just filling in some holes in my animation reel, one of which I am almost completely lacking is walk cycles. So I may do a few more after this one. But now that I can post these on my blog, I have a good reason to animate outside of work. This clip is a character I came up with real quick just to work on an interesting walk cycle. I originally animated his legs as a blur cycle...but thought the shuffle worked better. I'll try to come up with a couple more soon.

Sorry for taking so long to post anything interesting. Work, holidays and figuring out AECS4 has taken over my life. I'm still trying to figure out how to successfully import Flash .swf files with sound into AECS4...so the Wordgirl clips are still in the process of coming out to the blog.

On another note, the newest "Corporal Cup's Food Camp" short is up on the Lunch Lab website in the video section...so check that out as well!

I'm working on another animated quickie involving two penguins. I'll post that when its done.

2 comments: